Actually MOSO Bamboo is a grass not tree, people often confused that it is a plant but it is a specie of grass weather it takes height in some days, so don’t confused with grass or plant. Its scientific name is Phyllostachys edulis. The term edulis means ‘edible’ edible (which can be eaten). It is extensively eaten in china.so it is also used as food and timber, wood. So it has many advantages. MOSO Bamboo is generally found in china and other Asian countries like Taiwan.
Table of Contents
BENEFITS OF MOSO BAMBOO
- It grows naturally without the use of chemical pesticides or machinery.
- It reduces greenhouse gases means only MOSO bamboo absorbs carbon die oxides 5 times greater than other plants, so now u can see how advantageous it is.
- One other advantage of Bamboo is it is used in different purpose like it can be used in making huts, and also it is used like as food in china and other Asian countries.
- It produces densest fibers of any other bamboo species.
- It is very durable for heavy duty flooring applications.
- Forest of MOSO bamboo have many environmental benefits one is that we discuss above, other is also its increased ability to control soil conditions
MOSO Bamboo is also used in improving hardwood
Cut down a hardwood tree and it is gone, it will be decades to for another to grow in its place. Bamboo is a grass not tree as we discuss above. Under the right condition, it can grow up to 3 feet per day.
A new bamboo plant is ready to harvest after 3 years, contingent on the species. Most important bamboo is renewable, other than hardwood tree, bamboo regrows after harvesting, like as grass regrows after being cut, this is renewable source is one of the fastest growing species. It is also noise bearer
What makes MOSO bamboo different from other bamboo specie:
- It is co2 neutral (generally it is good to grow any plant all plants generally absorbs carbon die oxide and give human oxygen as we learn in school, but MOSO bamboo absorbs plenty of carbon die oxide and make our environment healthy)
- Rapid generated plants ( it is most rapidly growing plant on the earth.it grows at an amazing speed of about 1 meter daily.
HOW WE CAN RECOGNIZE MOSO BAMBOO Plant:
- Generally MOSO bamboo plant stems’ base diameter is 4-8 inches when mature.
- Large, green canes with feathery leaves
- Can be grown up to 10-24 meters
- Climate generally required to grow MOSO Bamboo is subtropical (subtropical which means warm and rainy in the summer, and cold and dry in the winter.
HOW TO PREPARE SOIL HARVESTING FOR MOSO BAMBOO CULTIVATION:
MOSO Bamboo one of the giant timber bamboos from china and Taiwan can grow more than 90 feet tall. Like other bamboo plants , MOSO bamboo plant is usually grow by diving into clumps and planting each part separately because bamboo flower and seed so infrequently often spending 50 years between seeding season. If you have some MOSO seeds and want to experiment with growing them, want to sprout them and start your own forest with no more than effort than it takes to grow any other plant.
STEPS FOR HARVESTING MOSO BAMBOO PLANT
- Place the MOSO Seeds in filter and clean them with cool water to remove any dust or debris that may be clinging to the seeds.
- Put the seeds into bowl. Make a salt solution and pour into the seeds. Let the seeds to be merged in this solution for 6 minutes.
- Pour the seeds back into the filter (Strainer) and rinse off the solution. Merge the seeds in clear water for 15 minutes, and drain them to dry.
- Make a half and half mixture of perlite and peat (it is generally used to make soil fertile. Moisten the mixture of perlite and peat. Put the soil mixture in a flat planter box with a lid. A plastic sweater box with hole muse be poked in the bottom should be in ideal size and shape for this purpose.
- Draw some rows in the soil mixture about one inch deep and plant a seeds within each row. Alternately, dig a round hole 2 inches across and one inch deep. Grow about 10 seeds in the bottom of the hole. Cover the seeds with very fine soil mix. Place the lid on the box and move the box to a spot where it wont be disturbed.
- Remove the lid(thing which put on the upper part of container, planter. Moisten the soil mix during this time it has begun to dry out. Replace the lid after you have watered the mixture.
- Remove the lid permanently after the seedlings arrive. Seedlings(the young grown plant that originate from seeds)the seedling will sprout after two to three weeks, and the seeds will be continue to sprout until they have all emerged
- Pour the fertilizer in spray bottle and spray it in the plants after 3 to 4 week.
- After doing it transplant the seedlings into individual ports after they have been growing for a month. Use the same soilless mixture for growing the seedlings indoors.
WHY DOES MOSO BAMBOO GROWN FASTER THAN OTHER BAMBOO SPECIES
MOSO BAMBOO plants have an underground root system called rhizomes from which the stems grow.one single rhizome will connect a large number of stems. The underground system helps to hold soil and restore water tables, making bamboo very suitable on poor grounds.one of the advantage of rhizome that it does not die after harvesting.
As we know that year by year the temperature of earth is increasing. So glacier are converting into oceans, one and main reason of global warming is cutting of trees in large number. I know that trees are used in many daily uses, but we should also require to grow one tree, and I am telling about MOSO bamboo tree that has a good advantage if we grow this tree. So never cut trees without any important reason.
To Know More in Deep About Bamboo’s, Type of Bamboo’s Kindly Visit our Official website : https://thebamboolucky.com/